The SunGeyza™ provides a family
with daily free solar heated running
hot water inside the house
Background – Informal housing challenges
The nature of informal housing structures, the lack of running water and the cost of conventional solar geysers, exclude millions of people from access to solar hot water technology.
How does a SunGeyza™ work?
A heavy duty black solar water heater facing the sun at an angle, is manually filled up with water. The black front panel is heated up by the sun, which transfers the heat to the water inside the geyser. An insulated panel on the side not facing the sun prevents the heated water from cooling down again.
When the sun sets, the front black panel is covered with the green insulation panel, which secures an all round insulation to the geyser.
- No installation. No tools needed. The geyser may even be put on a flat surface.
- It provides running water inside the house as the geyser can be moved around. A shower head can easily be mounted.
- Depending on the quantity of water in the heater and weather conditions, the water can be heated up to as high as 60+ degrees Celsius.
- The SunGeyza™ is an all weather appliance
- Can be delivered easily using courier services
- SunGeyza™ is manufactured from heavy duty material, certified for the storing of drinking water and has a 24 month material and factory guarantee.
- The tap can easily be replaced if needed and a shower head can be fitted.
How much water does the SunGeyza™ heats up?
The SunGeyza™ heats up 25 liters of water, which should normally be cooled down with cold water to the required temperature. According to research in our target market the average household in our target market heats up less than 25 liters of water per day for household purposes. If more hot water is required a second, third or fourth heater can easily be applied.
The possibility of theft is minimal as the heater has no recycling value. To link a SunGeyza™ to a household and to further prevent any possible illegal removal, a permanent phone number or address can be put on the green area.
Unlike clean cook stoves and solar ovens, the SunGeyza™ solar water heater is widely accepted. It eliminates the possibility of the household ever turning back to old ways. When the sun is shining, it heats up water.
“Just fill it” and the sun will do the rest
At the end of the SunGeyza™ life cycle, the household will have become so used to free solar heated hot water every day, that they will not hesitate one moment to replace the heater immediately at own cost.
SunGeyza™ is affordable
At R399.00 excl VAT, it is affordable and will pay for itself in just a couple of months.
The green (or any colour of choice) front insulation panel is available as advertising space. By selling this advertising space in exchange for a free solar hot water heater, a win, win situation is created. Please get in contact.
“Just fill it”
SunGeyza™ is a South African innovation and 100% locally manufactured.