Rural small business entrepreneurs- Rural SMME
Baking and drying rusks in a patio solar oven has become a very attractive small business solution. Many remote rural areas in the Northern Cape, Limpopo and other provinces have a massive need for rural entrepreneur and job creation. With an abundance of sunshine and a desperate need for extra income, a solar oven and baking rusks provides well needed relief.
A rural small business entrepreneur can bake and dry rusks for selling locally or building a small stock for our central SolaRusk distribution network. By finding a local market, the rural small business entrepreneur will maximize profits, while the central distribution network provides security in buying access stock.
The advantages of SolaRusk as a rural SMME are mainly:
- Central management, training and quality control
- An opportunity for extra income
- Lower product retail prices as no electricity is needed and overhead costs are low
- Rusks have a long expiry period
- Expansion opportunities as other products can be baked in a solar oven as well
- Any food can be cooked or baked in the oven
The current indication is that a net profit of R2000/month can be earned with one oven in summer, while a net profit of R1000 can be earned with one oven in winter.
Clouds are a solar oven’s worst enemy. We fit our ovens with electrical elements, which brings down the risk considerably if grid or solar power and batteries are available.