You will be more impressed the moment you open the lid and let the sun in
The ten most popular uses for a solar box oven in South Africa
- Drying rusks – One of the major costs to baking rusks is in the drying process. Your solar oven will dry it perfectly and at no extra cost
- Solar cooked pap – Pap cooked in a solar oven can cook for hours and will never burn. We all know, the longer you cook pap the better it gets
- Bread and baking – You will love the bread baked in a solar oven. The new features stabilizes the temperatures and browning is now possible even in winter
- Soups and Potjiekos – The technology in our oven can easily compete with conventional potjiekos and can even get better results as the heat is distributed more evenly and will never burn the food
- Stews – Leg of lamb, eisbein, lamb rib or any stew that needs to cook for long periods of time
- Jam – Now you can cook any jam without having to stir constantly or look after it as it will not cook over
- Bottling – Beatroot, potatoes, eggs, onions, quince, sweat potatoes and almost all vegetables are cooked to perfection without any water
- Defrost and hotbox – Defrosting anything and keeping food warm after cooking has become features a very handy and cost saving feature
- Kids and solar – The Sungenius Patio Solar Oven gives parents and grand parents an opportunity to experiment, teach, learn and enjoy solar cooking. The hybrid technology combines solar thermal power and photo voltaic electricity in a very exciting way
- Team building – Solar cooking has become a popular team building exercise in the same fashion as the traditional potjiekos competitions
Features you will love about the Patio Solar Oven
- Still the only solar oven on wheels anywhere
- All weather design. You can leave your oven outside in all weather conditions
- Double, almost unbreakable transparent lid
- The adjustable reflective lid can be further manipulated to focus its reflection directly on specific pots
- Convenient sun orientation and solar timer – you will be able to easily track and monitor your cooking process
- Solar entry size: 700mm x 535mm
- Lid Reflection size: 700mm x 535mm… concave adjustable
- Cooking platform size: 480mm x 350mm…
- Automatic electrical cut off: 170°C from a 200W element
- Max temperature in summer from the sun only: 170°C
- Max temperature in winter from the sun only: 150°C
- All the parts in the solar oven can be replaced if needed
- The stand can easily be taken off and dissembled
All for only R3999.00 with loads of free extras
A free solar 10 piece non-stick carbon cookware set.
Black, thin walled pots are ideal and the see through lids make solar cooking even more exciting
A free 4 piece chromed rusk drying set.
Whether you bake rusks for the family or the neighbourhood, you will experience significant savings and find these racks very handy
Free electrical backup, cook or bake from the sun only, electricity only or both
If the clouds arrive unexpectedly, just plug it in
But before you take any further steps
Solar cooking is a widely used practice around the world since 1767. There are four different types of solar cookers. Box, panel, tube and parabolic cookers. Most products cook well under perfect conditions (in mid summer, clear skies and no wind), but does not function well otherwise . We believe that box cookers are the only ones which can be designed for quality, convenience and style and still cook impressively under all weather conditions all year long.
How to find out if this new lifestyle is for you?
We accept that solar cooking is an unfamiliar concept for most people . We therefore created a survey with relevant questions that will indicate whether you should try it and what your chances are to succeed with this new lifestyle.
You will be provided with feedback and guidance about your expectations
If you want to learn more about international solar cooking trends and products,
the link below will take you to one of the best solar cooking sites we could find
The SunGenius Patio Solar Oven is manufactured in South Africa and it is the result of almost 40 years of dedicated solar cooking.